Email marketing is one of the most powerful tools that marketers and business owners that they can use to reach out to potential customers. There are a lot more uses for email marketing software than merely sending and tracking emails.
It helps you find the right customer, generate leads, engage with them and convert them for sales.
Email marketing also helps to build long-term relationships and communication with your audiences.
Not to mention, Email has a higher ROI than any other form of marketing. So if you have the right email marketing strategy in place, chances are you’re going to be successful with it.
But to do so, you need a powerful email marketing tool as well. Email marketing services provide a range of features and tools to help you manage the campaign.
There are tons of email marketing platforms out there to choose from in 2021; hence here are the best ones we handpicked to help you in the decision.
- Best Email Marketing Platform
- Key Highlights
- Active Campaign Key Features
- Key Highlights
- Key Highlights
- Benchmark Key Features
- HubSpot Email Marketing
- HubSpot Email Marketing Key Features
- Sendinblue Key Features
- MailJet Key Features
- Omnisend Key Features
- Mailgun Key Features
- Constant Contact
- Constant Contact Key Features
- Key Highlights
Best Email Marketing Platform
Active Campaign used to be once an underdog but now has become one of the most popular email marketing tools. They have more than 130,000 small business customers and happy customers, to say the least.
This email marketing software offers a versatile collection of customer experience automation tools (CXA.
This wide range of CXA tools is capable of doing email marketing, marketing automation, CRM functionality, SMS marketing, site messaging, and much more.
ActiveCampaign’s core specialty has to be as an automation builder offering its users a visual canvas to build and streamline automation marketing sequences across multiple channels.
With ActiveCampaign, you won’t need any kind of expensive consultants or experts to manage it.
It certainly comes with the least learning curve as its intuitive and user-interface design enables everyone to create email automation sequences easily.
- It allows users to customize to ensure the accommodation of their unique business processes, including the ability to create custom fields, views, objects, rules, calculations, and much more.
- The tool is capable of automating the series of steps that usually require intervention by different sets of users on its way.
- It comes with extraordinary workflow capability where administrators can write rules to decide who needs to complete a particular step and when it needs to.
- The tool grants access to selected data, objects, features, and more based on the user, roles, groups, etc.
- It enables the users to do transactions with the same content in multiple currencies, languages, and across countries.
Active Campaign Key Features
- Automation Sequence Visual Builder
- 800+ Integrations
- 500+ Automation Recipes
- 125+ Email Templates
- Predictive Content
- Predictive Sending
- Custom Reporting
- Landing Pages
- SMS Messaging
- Web personalization
- A/B Testing
- Split Action
- Goal Tracking & Analysis
Keep is popularly known for its CRM and sales & marketing automation features.
It is the type of email marketing and automation tool that certainly outperforms and outranks its competitors when it comes to offering features and overall capabilities.
It is the platform that allows its users to automate repetitive tasks in email marketing campaigns as automation such as capturing leads.
The tool helps you to create an automated system of consistent and timely follow-up features such as sending emails, texts, follow-up emails, retargeted emails, and whatnot.
Every automated action can be based on a specific trigger or a particular action, such as a user subscribing to the email list, leaving the cart, waiting a long time on a web page, leaving the website, and so on.
Keep allows the automation in email marketing to get activated by the client’s actions. The right message is delivered to the right client at the right time.
This tool also focussed on driving repeat sales through email automation and segmentation via sending emails & newsletters.
Apart from email marketing, Keep also offers B2B features and other tons of additional perks, such as sending automated invoices, SMS messages, appointments, and so much more.
- It helps businesses capture and converts leads more efficiently. Marketers can capture, gather and organize the leads in one place.
- Those leads are further streamlined to be treated through segmented contacts, and relevant, targeted campaigns, making the movement of leads through the sales funnel efficient and more result-oriented.
- Keep is also very good at making the payment and follow-up processes faster.
- Marketers can use pre-made templates to quickly initiate follow-up automation. It includes invoices, reminders to approve, etc.
- Keep allows you to integrate with 2500+ applications ranging from basic software to other major platforms.
Benchmark is one of the great alternatives for email marketing automation tools for businesses.
If you are a small business that is looking for an email marketing tool that is easy to use and very well-designed, this is the one to go for.
Considering the reasonable pricing, Benchmark does exceptionally well with offering its plethora of features.
One thing that really sets them apart from other email marketing tools is their design which is exceptional and outstanding as compared to others.
Everything ranging from their template to their very platform is beautifully designed and well-crafted for achieving a great user experience.
Design can be really a difference-maker when it comes to understanding the tool, the data, and the processes.
Making it so easy to use with well-organized and visually placed features, Benchmark can be a great choice for small businesses looking for something extraordinarily simple.
The learning curve with this particular tool is almost nothing, so users can just go with it as they lay their hands on it.
Not to mention how simple it is to offer a presentation to the clients to create a great impression.
- Lead Generation: Benchmark makes a list building extremely easy and fun with its wide range of easy-to-blend subscriber forms to generate leads.
- Email Marketing: Sending emails becomes easy and simple using the email checklist and drag & drop visual builder.
- Marketing Automation: The tools allow you to send highly relevant, timely, and consistent emails/offers to your contact list, along with easy automation tools for follow-up.
- Reporting: You can track your emails and see the marketing metrics to measure, improve and grow. It also allows A/B testing and reporting.
Benchmark Key Features
- Landing pages
- A/B Testing
- Marketing Automation
- 1.500+ Integration
- Surveys & Polls
- Sign-up forms
- Visual Email Builder
HubSpot Email Marketing
HubSpot Email Marketing is known best for its native integration with HubSpot products.
It is a robust and easy-to-use email marketing platform widely utilized for its primary feature, which is the ability to seamlessly integrate with HubSpot business automation software.
And that’s what gives this software a competitive edge or an added advantage over other alternatives in the market. The integration capability of this tool makes the user experience enhanced.
HubSpot, an Email marketing tool, offers tons of features to help users create effective marketing emails easily.
You also get an interactive drag-and-drop builder that makes creating branded marketing emails faster.
The tool also offers marketers a plethora of personalized and segmentation capabilities of the tool to apply to their campaigns.
HubSpot Email Marketing Key Features
- Drag-and-Drop email builder
- Easy integration with HubSpot products
- Ready-made templates
- A/B Testing
- Contact list management
Sendinblue is an email marketing and automation tool that helps businesses to build and grow relationships through :
- Email campaigns
- Marketing automation
- SMS messages
- Facebook ads
- Transactional Emails
- Retargeting Ads
What’s unique about Sendinblue is their world-class customer happiness team and value-for-money pricing plans.
It is a reputed name known for its cloud-based email marketing and automation tools with a customer base of 175,000+ growing enterprises around the world.
Sendinblue is best known for its transactional email services along with its advanced email marketing automation products.
They are known to be one of the very few email marketing services offering a wide range of server options and good deliverability rates.
It provides fully automated email marketing solutions for businesses to grow.
They offer a drag-and-drop visual editor along with automation tools to customize and optimize email marketing campaigns.
Sendinblue Key Features
- Advanced Drag-and-Drop Editor
- Create & Send transactional emails
- A/B Testing
- Advanced report generation
Mailjet is popularly known for designing marketing emails with advanced drag-and-drop builders.
It is an email marketing software that allows you to create, customize, send, automate, monitor, and track email marketing campaigns.
Mailjet features a wide range of tools or features such as an advanced easy-to-use drag & drop editor, email automation, list management, segmentation, real-time analytics, and much more.
The software allows its users to create newsletters, welcome emails, and all kinds of marketing emails using the editor.
The tool offers a wide range of ready-made templates helping marketers or businesses to create highly attractive marketing campaigns easily.
Users do not need to have technical knowledge, and even the tool does not ask for much of a learning curve.
The tool is great for team collaboration, where it also allows multiple team members. They are allowed to work remotely on a particular marketing campaign in real-time.
Mailjet makes it easier to manage contact lists by having numerous group customers with their own set of preferences and segmentation for targeted messages.
This tool also offers A/B testing and email validation as well to boost your email deliverability.
MailJet Key Features
- List Management
- Email automation
- A/B Testing & Email Validation
- Real-time analytics
- Advanced segmentation
- Email validation
Best Known For Helping Medium & Large E-commerce Brands
Ominsend quickly became one of the leading email marketing automation platforms, especially for e-commerce stores.
It is specifically designed to aid e-commerce brands in growing their customer base, multiplying their sales, and generating more leads.
It also helps businesses to control and manage their marketing across different channels.
Omnisend is a tool that allows users to send automated emails, push notifications, SMS, and much more.
Not to forget its seamless integration capabilities with Google Ads, Messengers, Instagram, Whatsapp, Facebook Ads, and much more.
Omenisend, compared to its competitors, primarily focuses on e-commerce clients making it more specialist and hence best in the market.
They allow marketers to utilize their advanced features and email preset templates to create innovative emails.
The tool helps to create emails specifically to reduce cart abandonment or drive repeat customers.
It is not just integrated with the commonly known e-commerce platforms such as Shopify, Magento, and BigCommerce but also with platforms like Smile.io, ReCharge, and Yotpo.
Omnisend Key Features
- Transactional emails
- Marketing emails
- Visual email builder
- Email, SMS & Push notifications
- E-commerce Segmentation
- A/B Testing
- Pop-up forms
- Survey & Polls
- E-commerce-specific pop-up forms such as scratch cards, wheel of fortune, etc
- Dynamic discount codes and offer system
Mailgun is offered by Pathwire which is a highly effective and efficient cloud-based email solution.
It is a powerful email marketing and automation platform that helps businesses collaborate with marketers to create, send, automate, schedule, and transactional emails.
The tool is specifically designed for small businesses and developers to utilize email automation.
Mailgun is a software basically known for its facility of easy SMTP integration and API that helps transactional emails and bulk emails easily.
This tool comes with a plethora of features enabling users to create, optimize and run their email campaign for maximized results.
Mailgun also comes with a robust and highly efficient email validation feature that helps you weed out invalid email addresses.
It cleanses your contact list and keeps it fresh with chances of more conversion rate. So you will be sending the emails in the right inbox further increasing email open and click-through rates.
The users can parse the emails automatically, and they are allowed to schedule emails to send emails to specific dates and times.
You can further personalize your emails through segmentation, optimization, and utilizing real-time statistics.
Mailgun Key Features
- Easy SMTP integration and Restful API
- Send bulk & transactional emails
- Improve email deliverability
- Real-time email analytics
- Automatic email parsing
- Personalize, automate, schedule & track emails
- Tracking emails in real-time
It comes with an easy-to-use yet advanced intuitive email builder with plenty of responsive designs.
The dashboard of this tool makes it stand out from the competition due to how easy it makes for the users to track the progress of the campaign.
Small business finds it so easy to just get the gist of how the campaign works, how effective it is, and what results it is bringing merely by looking at the analytics.
Constant Contact also offers a highly effective and competent contact management feature allowing users to store, import, and organize contact efficiently.
Constant Contact Key Features
- Highly Responsive templates
- Advanced Intuitive Email Builder
- Contact management
- Real-time email tracking
Best Known For Marketing Automation
It is not always about the volume when it comes to sending emails to your prospective customers, at least not anymore.
In today’s time, when people’s email inboxes are bombarded with tons of emails ranging from marketing, sales, and spam to everything else, you need to be smart in order to gain customers’ attention.
To begin with, they present designed canvases to build the sequences of your email automation.
Email automation can be highly confusing, so using this canvas to represent the streamlining visually makes it easy to understand and initiate.
It allows users to annotate their automation sequences using visual elements and textual elements such as explanations, stickers, clip art, emojis, etc.
This actually saves you time and effort to configure integration with Autopilot using tools like Zapier.
- Autopilot helps you to create branded pop-ups that are highly efficient in converting people into subscribers for sale who are browsing your store.
- It organizes the customer data into one singular place and helps users to see through the audiences they should target.
- Autopilot enables a setup creating and managing campaigns helping businesses to grow their e-commerce store.
- It offers custom and dedicated campaigns to gain more customers through targeting abandoned carts, welcoming new customers, additional offers, birthday coupons, browser abandonments, and more.
- Email Bounce Back: What is it and How To Reduce Them?
- Ultimate Email Marketing Audit Guide To Know About
- Ultimate Guide For Planning Your First Email Campaign
- 35+ Top Benefits Of Email Marketing For Small Businesses
- Email Marketing Analytics: Metrics & KPIs To Track
I am certified and awarded Email marketing expert. I’ve spent the last decade reading and writing marketing books and blogs as well as my articles helps people to start their Email Campaign from scratch or boost their existing business.