Email marketing platforms are one of the crucial aspects of the business however finding one can be hectic and challenging.
Especially if you don’t know which one to choose, there are a lot of options in the market which make it confusing.
Moosend and Convertkit are some of the popular names you might find, and to know what differences they have, here is a comparison guide for you.
What To Know About Moosend Vs Convertkit?
Moossend and Convertkit have their own differences, however before you jump to understand their differences, it’s important to know more about them.
Here is a brief regarding both, it might help you in knowing more about email marketing service providers.
Moosend In Nutshell
Moosend is an email marketing software that was established in 2011.
This one aims to cover the requirements of the online company and inform the customers via email newsletter.
It can allow you to customize the message depending on the actions and requirements of the customers.
This one is also a cost-effective email marketing tool that speeds up the message delivered to the customers and clients.
ConvertKit In Nutshell
Convertkit was founded in January 2013 by Nathan Barry. With Convertkit, they offer extraordinary features along with easy-to-scale up and landing pages which are easy to customizable.
This helps attract email subscribers, offers different design trends, and is simple to use.
It also offers a landing page that is free of cost and is ideal if it’s for the beginner.
Here you can create landing pages without taking a minute, also you can use third-party tools and web designers.
What Are The Feature Differences Between Moosend Vs. Convertkit?
Moosend and Convertkit are ideal for their respective customers, however, they have differences based on their features.
To know more, here is what can help you.
Moosend vs Convertkit: Interface
Moosend offers an easy-to-navigate and simple interface. With a single look, you can see the features that you get and need to start the campaign.
However, this might be a little crowded, and you might miss some of the features.
But they are not cluttered; they have an uncluttered and very clear interface that comes with a step-by-step process for onboarding.
With Convertkit, here you can get a simple interface. They have straightforward navigation which provides a smooth experience to the users.
They have an intuitive UI that lets you get fast-loading pages which makes sure to not waste time.
Moosend Vs Convertkit: List Management
Moosend offers personalization, which helps build a deeper relationship with the contacts.
- You can easily upload contacts and have different ways for it, it includes copy-paste, Excel files, CSV, and Salesforce, and uses the google contact plugin as well.
- Not just you can get the contact depending on their behavior on site, location, weather conditions, and the number of times purchased.
- They have custom fields that help do better segments to the audience and create the number of lists depending on how much you want.
- Not just that, here you get a real-time website tracking feature for events. With this, you can track different events on the website and use it to segment the contacts based on their web activities.
- This can help you send hyper-target emails, boosting the lifetime value of contacts.
- Apart from this, You can sync all the WordPress signup forms with a list to your mood WordPress plugin.
Convertkit offers a world tag-based system that helps in list management.
You can add the contacts with the breeze if you’re doing it the first time, also, you are getting only three ways for that.
- Once you get the segment creators, you can add different tabs based on the audience.
- Not just that, the segmentation allows categorizing the subscribers into groups.
- You can even add filters to help in achieving better results. However, you are not going to get personalized options such as tags.
- Well, they offer the Convertkit WordPress plugin, which helps in tracking the actions which are taken by the audience when they are on the site, also you get the tags that are applied behavior-based.
Moosend Vs Convertkit: Email Broadcast And Templates
Moosend offers a wide range of more than 40 templates from which to choose. Or you can create from scratch if you want.
- They have a drag-and-drop editor, which offers customization flexibility, ease of use, and device responsiveness.
- The platform works better for expert as well as novice newsletter creators.
- You can also use the HTML and create a newsletter.
- As for the visuals, Moosend adds almost anything depending on what you want; you can add CTA to countdown timers, videos, gifs, and images.
- Also, you get image pickers integrated with Instagram, stock photos, and GIPHY too.
- You can even save the template so you can use it later; it makes it easier to identify the brand style for the contacts.
Convertkit offers limited templates; they have only three options.
Unlike other names, they have simple and plain options.
So it’s better for you if you are not looking for any pomp and color, but for some actions, here is what you can consider.
However, you can also customize the temple. They have the HTML and CSS and add the variable in order to make the template dynamic better.
Moosend Vs Convertkit: Automation Builder
Mossend offers you the tested and tried, and ready-to-use workflow automation that you can customize as well as keep going.
- They offer 18 different workflows which can be easily automated when you are looking for cart abandonment, lead scoring, anniversaries, etc.
- However, if you want to create independently, you can do that too. Also, add triggers based on email opens, product views, weather conditions, filters, etc.
- You can pick the actions which get triggered from subscribing, including unsubscribe, trigger automation, ping me, and send email campaigns.
- They have the drag-and-drop automation visual builder that helps in seamlessly creating the automation sequences of choice.
Convertkit has a visual workflow builder which puts them on the map.
- It has a rules builder, which is set on the triggers and actions based on the automation sequence.
- They have an email composer on the right side, which saves the time of going back and forth when you are creating the sequences.
However it doesn’t have the customization and flexibility, but it can be handy.
Moosend Vs Convertkit: A/B Testing
With moosend, you can test the subject line, sending time, and content.
You can create the split test with the help of a campaign editor and HTML.
You can also create the two variants of the options, selecting the portion of contacts and running test sam ratios.
The winning mail, which is based on the clicks and opens, you can send in bulk to the contacts.
You will be able to test one-off broadcasts and drip feed series.
However, you are not allowed to split tests and have landing pages and no multivariate testing.
Well, in this case, Convertkit can be disappointing. The process is quite similar to the moosend. However, this one is based on the number of opens.
You can only do it depending on the email’s subject line and one-off emails.
You don’t get the landing page A/B testing. This one can be a deal-breaker for people as they prefer testing more than just the subject.
Moosend Vs Convertkit: eCommerce CRM
Moosend offers a dedicated e-commerce AI which helps in increasing sales and conversion.
This feature makes a good option if you have an online store.
Also, it comes to reminders, abandoned cart emails, and product recommendations, and it ensures that you get re-engaged with contact and turn on-off customers to the customers on repeat.
Not just that, you can also be personalized and hyper-targeted to the mail’s easels.
They also offer you product blocks so you can send shoppable help emails.
With this, you can create a mini-store on emails. However, you can display the product by features and descriptions.
Along with that, you have the refined tools; this is for suggesting email subject lines that are based on the standard of the current industry.
You can also integrate this into your CRM platforms, including WooCommerce and Salesforce, giving options for further personalization.
However, with Convertkit, they don’t have a lot of options, but they have the integration with Shopify.
Moosend Vs Convertkit: Forms And Landing Pages
Moosend offers you a handful of options in landing page templates. Also, with that, you get the powerful drag-and-drop landing page builder.
- This page is quite easy to customize, mobile responsive, and SSL enabled.
- Here you get a wide range of customizations, and you can do landing pages that fit according to the brand.
- Moosend offers inbuilt antibot protection, which keeps malicious bot traffic away from the landing pages.
- To other Forms, it comes with a wide range of templates and options to whom you can pick according to that.
- Also, here you can create forms, floating bars, floating boxes, and full-page forms.
- Moosend offers features that can help you create popup forms without hassle.
- You can also create the forms from scratch if you want something else.
As for the Convertkit, you get forms and landing pages under the tab Forms.
Here you choose if you are going for landing pages or forms.
- On the landing page front, you are getting options, but it’s limited. So you need to consider the CSS as it can help in customization and design.
- As for comparatively better forms, Convertkit offers importance to different types of forms.
- You can also create sticky bars, slide-in, modal and inline. It makes it easier for the popup forms.
- But if you don’t have the CSS, it can be ineffective.
Moosend Vs Convertkit: Reporting
Moosend offers real-time reporting and analytics. This ensures that you are making decisions but it’s well-informed.
It also helps improve the campaign and your audience’s understanding.
So the contact click opens, subscribes, or does any kind of moment to your sales funnel, and you get immediate results.
The reporting tab helps in allowing the tracking of the opens, bounce rates, CTRs, etc.
They have the heatmap on individual emails; you can get their exact location and position on the sales funnel.
Convertkit, however, doesn’t offer too much detailing on campaigns.
Here you get the bird’s eye view related to whatever is going on, so you get what your autosomes are doing, including conversion, unsubscribes, subscribes, page visits, and top clicked links.
If you are looking for simple reports, this one can help.
You get the opens and clicks, as they offer the resend to unopened buttons.
Moosend Vs Convertkit: Deliverability
Moosend allows DKIM and SPF verification that can boost your deliverability.
This can run content spam against fear, which is popular in spam. This makes sure that your emails end up in the spam folders.
Convertkit has limitations, but it makes the deliverability pretty decent.
They have enforced plain text emails instead of over-the-top templates for newsletters to keep emails from the spam folders and promotions.
They do offer DKIM and SPF verification in order to boost deliverability.
Moosend Vs Convertkit: Integration
The next most crucial aspect d email marketing software is going to integrating
Moosend offers a shortlist when it’s about integration. They also don’t natively integrate with others, and it’s kind of disappointing.
However, they offer integration with Magento, WooCommerce, Facebook lead ads, Zipper, etc to connect with other hundred options in apps.
Convertkit has a lot of options. They do have quilt integration; you can carry the lead generation, lead scoring, connect, and CTM with the integration.
They integrate natively with Clickfunnels, Shopify, and Facebook leads.
Moosend Vs Convertkit: Support
Moosend is the people who offer the support at their best, and they are responsive with their services like Live chat, phone, and email support.
They have also provided live chat options with their free plan. And with their pain plans, you get the dedicated account manager
However, Convertkit is subjective, and their support is considered one of the amazing ones among other options.
They have numerous video documentaries and video tutorials, some with welcome videos to responsive emails, numerous articles, business hours, and community support, especially on Slack and Facebook.
What Are The Pricing Differences Between Moosend And Conevrtkit?
Moosend offers a pricing system that is divided into three tiers. Also depends on the number of leads and additional features.
But here you get the free forever plan which is especially for the startup and beginners; they include the basics for help.
Here is the pricing plan you get when you choose Moosend.
Moosend offers a free plan package, which helps you send unlimited emails, sign-up forms, and subscription forms.
You can get this for your free pricing plan, also, you get the reports and analytics for the subscribers, and it’s completely free of cost.
One of the popular plans that Moosend offers, this one costs 48 per month.
However, here you get the services like customized landing pages, transactional emails, SMTP servers, and a mobile-optimized plan.
This plan offers all the features that you get for email marketing features. This plan is also customizable, and it does not have a fixed-rate plan.
With enterprise plans, you also get all the features from the free and pro plans.
You can get the custom reporting and service level agreement.
As for the Convertkit, here you get the three-tie pricing system.
They have a free plan, but the premium might be more costly than the Moosend plans.
The free plans are completely free; it includes different features
- Forms and landing pages unlimited
- You can manage more than 1000 subscribers
- Send email broadcasts
- It offers the customizable domain
Creator Pricing Plan
The next one you get is the creator pricing plan. It starts at 29 per month, and for the features, you get :
- All the features from the free plan and premium support, integration applications like Zapier, Shopify, and automated funnels.
- You also offer a 14-day free trial which helps you understand all the advanced features they offer. You are free to choose when you want to cancel.
Creator Pro Pricing Plan
The next one you get here is the creator pro pricing plan. This one starts at $59 per month.
- This gives you support priority among all other pricing plans.
- Redirect links to your email broadcasting and Facebook custom audience.
- You also get the free 14-day trial which allows you to upgrade anytime.
Why Should You Consider Moosend Over Convertkit?
If you are considering choosing Moosend, here are some points that can help you choose this one over Convertkit.
- You get the landing page builder, which is responsive, sleek, and dynamic.
- Real-time website tracking allows you to monitor the audience’s activities and create hyper-targeted emails.
- You get real-time reporting and analytics to help you stay up to date with the contacts.
- This one is a one-stop-shop for the needs related to email marketing needs from list management to creating responsive landing pages and forms. This also offers the running of eCommerce business, automation workflow, and reporting.
- These pricing tiers are quite affordable, and you can pay as you go with their plan, which is quite flexible for the tools.
Why Should You Consider Convertkit Over Moosend?
However, if you are considering Convertkit over Moosend, here are some reasons why it can be a better option.
- It provides an easy and fluid platform with no technical glitches.
- Convertkit offers easy integration with WordPress that helps bloggers.
- You get the tag-based system that gives segmentation and flexibility in creating hyper-targeted and personalized emails.
- They have merge tags that allow you to create dynamic emails which add personalized and highly targeted emails.
- Convertkit offers a visual automation builder that makes it easy to use and highly responsive to create the automation workflows simple.
What Are The Pros And Cons Of Using Moosend And Convertkit?
Using Moosend and Convertkit comes with different options. However, you get pros and cons both.
If you are considering using Moosend, here are some of its pros and cons.
- Moosend provides the report generator, which is a comprehensive report for campaigns to understand easily.
- Moosend notifies you if the email subscribers read the messages or not.
- You get comparably outstanding customer support.
- They have good customer reviews.
- They have next-level features which utilize the advanced features to customize the landing page and support property in their enterprise plan.
- They have the A/B testing feature, which is helpful.
- The pricing details are affordable and clear, and they have a free and detailed forever plan which suits beginners.
- They offer live chat support.
- They offer a responsive email newsletter.
- You get the landing pages and sign-up forms which are quite flexible.
- They have the tools which are professional and straightforward and offer deliverability rates.
As for the cons
- Here you get the limited templates; even though they have free versions, their templates are inadequate.
- It doesn’t have mobile optimization in its free forever plan.
- You get customized landing page features in the premium plans.
- They have no integration with Apple pay and Google pay which leads to high cart abandonment sometimes and the integration they have is limited.
- The additional features do make it complicated.
- They don’t have any kind of specification in any kind of industry whom they support.
- They have analytical capabilities which are quite less.
IF you are choosing the Convertkit, here are the pros and cons to consider.
- Convertkit offers live chat during their business should which is supported and attended by a dedicated team.
- They have features that are quite easy to use and simple.
- They offer a free plan and 14 days in their premium pricing plans.
- They are renowned when it comes to marketing campaigns.
- Convertkit also keeps its feature updates on time.
- They have a wide set audience and users, which keeps the brand trustworthy.
- You can also choose the audience target before you compose the mail and add filters as well as advanced targeting,’
As for the cons,
- They have some of the important integrations that are missing.
- The services can be costly, especially if you have just started.
- They don’t have a good CRM.
- Also, they can’t manage the high traffic.
- They have limited customization templates.
- They only offer premium support and integration in their premium pricing plans.
- You get the A/B testing features, but it’s limited which is one of their downsides.
- They don’t have many advanced features which can be issued for large businesses.
- If you are new, Convertkit can be confusing in organizing subscribers.
- Email Bounce Back: What is it and How To Reduce Them?
- Ultimate Email Marketing Audit Guide To Know About
- Moosend Review (2023): Features, Pricing, Pros And Cons
- Email Marketing Analytics: Metrics & KPIs To Track
- Ultimate Guide For Planning Your First Email Campaign
I am certified and awarded Email marketing expert. I’ve spent the last decade reading and writing marketing books and blogs as well as my articles helps people to start their Email Campaign from scratch or boost their existing business.