Email marketing has been one of the important parts of the business, as it’s a direct and effective way of connecting the brand with the leads, nurturing, and turning them into customers.
Apart from this, email marketing also has been consistently winning over other options in marketing channels.
However, to develop a successful email marketing plan, there are some basics you need to understand, and for that, here is what you need.
What To Know About Email Marketing?
Email marketing is a highly effective digital marketing strategy that sends an email to customers and prospects.
With this, it helps in converting the prospects into customers and one-time buyers into loyal ones.
Even though there is a huge rise in social media, email remains an effective way of boosting customer loyalty and nurturing leads.
Here are some of the reasons why it’s one of the important marketing strategies:
It’s The Ideal Communication Channel
There are more than 99% of consumers check their emails daily. It’s one of the most effective channels with the highest chances of communicating with consumers.
It Converts More
People who purchase products via email tend to spend $138% more than those who don’t.
In fact, email marketing has an ROI or return on investment of 4400%.
It Gives Control Of the List
Well on any other social media platform, you can get suspended or deleted along with all the fans and posts. It might be anything for any reason; however, when you have the email list, there is no chance that it can be taken away.
How Does It Work And Their Advantages?
Email marketing is simple and easy when it comes to setting up. And hence, it makes it much easier for small businesses to access.
- You can start by adding the newsletter sign-up in the options to your app and website.
- Then you send a newsletter to the audience who signed up.
- Here you can direct your customers to the newsletter from different social media profiles.
- Using email marketing gives up the biggest advantage of keeping the ease and price.
- When you have a regular newsletter, it becomes easier to send updates regarding your brand or the company, including offers and upcoming events.
- You can also offer special customer deals on their special day, it can be their birthday.
- This personalization helps develop the business and maintain the relationship with your customer, along with increased loyalty.
Using email marketing can help you in building a good relationship with customers. It can boost the response rate and direct marketing campaigns.
Here are a few pointers that can help you :
- Email marketing can help in offering the cost-effective overall cost of email marketing and can lower the many other forms of marketing.
- You get flexible design and choice options like graphics and text, giving the scope to convey the business branding.
- Email marketing is also scalable and can help reach a better audience or list.
How Can You Plan Email Marketing For Your Business?
If you are planning to start email marketing for your business, here are some important points you should know.
Define The Goals
Before you plan email marketing, it’s important that you have an idea of what you want to achieve from it.
- One of the common ones you can find are
- Increasing your brand visibility
- Boosting the overall sales
- Acquiring more new customers
- Build a relationship with the customers who are currently with you
- Increasing the website traffic
Whatever goals you have, it’s best to outline them before you start so it can help you keep focused while planning your email marketing.
With this, you can avoid getting confused while you are in different stages of planning and launching email marketing.
Start With The List
The bottom line is here that you can send the email marketing campaign without having anyone send it.
Also, it’s important to know that you need the right people on the list to send emails.
It means you must capture the leads to grow the email list by targeting an audience.
It’s important to grow your email list, and for that, you can consider:
Find Yourself An Email Service Provider
Here you will find the right email service provider or ESP that can help you segment the audience, organize the list, and distribute the email campaign for the audience.
You can track the results of the future campaign. A good email service provider requires integration with other marketing tools.
Well, you can find a lot of email service providers that can help you do the work.
- Add the call to action using the website.
- Promoting the newsletter on social media
- You can invite people to sign up for a mailing list in your store and at events.
- Collect the email address at the point of sale, which is retaining the existing the customers
- Offering gifts and coupons to your customers who signed up for this.
- You can discover the email address collectively to make the further process easier for you.
- Some brands also prefer event tabling and promotion for growing their email bases.
Identify What Your Key Audience Wants
Segmentation is crucial when it comes to email marketing plans.
Not all of your customers are looking for the same thing or have the same needs.
For example, if you are running a local spa, you might want to promote seasonal specials to your customers who want the rare treat.
However, the main focus should be on the customer’s health benefits.
Segmentation can help you in improving your email marketing and plan it more effectively, so you can find the right message to the right people.
Create Yourself A Content Calendar
Since email marketing is also a part of content marketing, it’s important that you keep a calendar ready for this.
Also, it doesn’t matter if you have a huge reach, but if the content is not up to the quality, it will fail to provide value.
That’s why you need to set up the content calendar, which should address each email.
If you are setting up the monthly newsletter, you can pick the content based on themes or identify specific topics.
You can also add different new ideas that you can consider for email content creation, which include:
- Highlighting the blog content in order to derive more people to the website.
- Creating exclusive insight or offers that can help the email users and is available for them only.
- List of all the events that are going to come soon, and remind the people who want to attend and buy tickets.
- Sharing photos that can captivate the recipient as soon as they click on a message.
- Offering the personal message from the owner or founder of the business to their customers.
Track The Overall Efforts And Success
Email marketing allows you to easily monitor the progress and success of the efforts you make.
You can see the data points immediately, including click-thru rate, open rate, unsub rate, etc.
- This can help you in how your message was received and the reaction from the readers.
- You can track the numbers of the conversation that resulted through the email and content in it.
- You can track the success of email content each month and also monitor the overall growth that happens over time.
- You can also see what kind of content is effective and popular. This will help you in winning more customers and improve the results.
Periodically Review The Email Marketing Plan
You also need to plan and target goals and keep reviewing them as it should revolve over time.
As you grow experience with email marketing, you will also see the target audience. Still, you need to pivot the strategy to reach a different goal.
However, ensure you are growing as it’s one of the important points.
You can set up an annual or bi-annual review to check your efforts in email marketing.
You can consider adjusting the content, frequency, and call to action.
Also, you can adjust the segmentation; even though you are staffed with email efforts, make sure to use the reviewing.
This can help you in setting a higher goal for your next six months and continuing it for more.
Learn About How You Can Connect With Customers
For any business, it’s important to have customer retention. Without loyal customers coming back to your business and recommending the brand, it might be hard for your business to survive.
With email marketing, you can link with your past customers as well as clients to come back again to your business and make the purchase over and over.
How Should You Launch Your Own Email Marketing Campaign?
Well, once you have the plan ready, it’s important to know how to launch the campaign correctly.
And to make sure you are doing it rightly, here is what you need to follow.
Choose The Email Marketing Software
There are different online software which is popular, such as Hubspot, Mailchimp, etc. These online email marketing software can help you manage and send the email campaign to subscribers’ email.
It’s important to find the right software that can suit your needs.
Here are some of the pointers you need to consider :
- Check your budget; it’s better to start with cheaper email marketing services.
- Know what kind of email you are going to send and how often.
- You can also consider the many contacts you have for yourself.
- What skills level are you going to need in email design?
- You can also set up automated workflows.
Use The Website In Order To Add Opt-In Forms
It’s important to place the email suberization form where it can be easily visible, and the visitors can see and opt to sign up.
You can also add this to your blog post, homepage, contact page, etc.
You can share the forms on your social media, link in bio, post, and checkout page.
Add The Content Upgrades Along With Lead Magnets
With premium content, you can make the list of emails grow faster.
You can create a checklist, reports, ebooks, etc.
The users can download it for free, and in exchange, they can give their email addresses.
You can offer them special offers and discounts that can attract more customers; you can provide certain benefits so the subscribers can achieve the newsletter.
Have A Welcome Email For New People
Once you get the new customers to sign up for the email list, you have to engage them by offering the welcome email.
With email can be automated mail messages can be sent to new subscribers and customers.
You can use this to introduce the brand to your customers and establish a relationship with them by sharing links, useful information, and welcome discounts.
How Can You Create Content For Email Marketing?
Well, there are different things that you need to consider while you are planning successful email marketing.
Content will be an important part of it, and here are a few things you need to follow.
Build The Responsive Design Email
Most email marketing services have email editors for producing hassle-free, producing clean and simple designs.
You can also hire an email designer to help stand out from the crowd by offering a custom template.
Keep it easy as well as simple, and build on the skills you want to grow.
Save Time Using Ready To Use Email Templates
Well, there are different email marketing services that offer you the template.
These ready-to-use templates allow you to choose one and personalize it according to brand color, fonts, and design.
You can use the free emails that you can use for the future as well.
Make A Email Copy
You are going to need the email copy that offers value to the targeted audience.
You can also choose the topic that holds the interest of your audience and also need to choose the tone of voice for the brand.
- You can create an engaging email copy; here are some of the points that you need to remember:
- Ask what your audience needs from your brand and how you will help them.
- Show the personality of your brand in your email copy.
- You can imagine yourself in the customer’s place and consider their point of view.
- You can tell a good story highlighting the customer’s points.
- Also, write what can help in generating curiosity.
- Make sure you are keeping the conversation tone when you are writing for the audience.
- Break the copy so it can be easier to read.
- Email writing can be approved with practice as well as time.
Optimize The Clicks, Open Rate, And Email Conversion
There are different ways that can help in boosting email conversions. However, it’s crucial to keep the trustworthiness and recognition of the brand by adding the brand name.
With this, the recipient might not end up putting your mail in spam. Also, you can optimize this by following points :
- Add the brand and company’s name to your email.
- Give a name and face to the sender by adding the name.
- Address the name and personalize the email.
- Combining the brand and name of yours
- Distant the senders by focusing on their postal codes.
- Keep the same sender name as well as address throughout your campaigns.
- Avoid the no-reply email address as it can affect recipients’ trust in your email.
- Use a structured email that can make your audience feel intrigued.
Write The Interesting Email Subject Line
The email subject line should be intriguing and one of the important elements of your email marketing.
The one sentence can determine if the audience will open and read the email.
Also, you need to create a subject line that can stand out and build curiosity by using a few words.
- Keep the character limited to 50
- Highlight what you are offering
- Appeal to the customer’s emotions or ambition
- The subject line should convey what purpose it careers
- Should convey curiosity and urgency
Test The Email Campaign Before You Hit Send
Test the email campaign to make sure you have checked. So you can avoid the mistakes like these errors, formatting errors, incorrect links, etc.
Also, even small mistakes can be an easy slip, and it can end up harming the brand image.
So make sure you proofread and test the email using both mobiles and the web; it is also important to do the financial check.
Schedule The Right Time For Sending Email
It’s better to be strategic and choose the time that makes sense for you as well as your audience.
Instead of choosing a random time and date, you must pick the ideal one to ensure it works efficiently.
Most people check their email at least twice daily, so it will increase the open rate when you know how to optimize the right time.
Monitor Your Email Results
To ensure how you can improve this, you need to understand and analyze it.
Also, there are some important metrics that you need to pick and understand.
Open rate: Open rate is an important metric; this ratio of numbers tells you how many people have opened the email you sent.
Click-Through Rate: This tells the number of people who clicked the link that you have added to your email.
Unsubscribe Rate: This ratio tells you the number of people who unsubscribed
Bounce Rate: This helps show the number of emails that either failed to be relieved or didn’t reach the customers due to some errors to the treated audience.
- Email Marketing Analytics: Metrics & KPIs To Track
- Ultimate Email Marketing Audit Guide To Know About
- Email Bounce Back: What is it and How To Reduce Them?
- 35+ Top Benefits Of Email Marketing For Small Businesses
- Ultimate Local Email Marketing Guide To Start With
I am certified and awarded Email marketing expert. I’ve spent the last decade reading and writing marketing books and blogs as well as my articles helps people to start their Email Campaign from scratch or boost their existing business.